U.S. News & World Report” names Iowa the Best State in the U.S.
- A new report from "U.S. News & World Report" looked at a list of criteria to determine the best state in the nation
- Iowa earns the honor of best state, coming out on top for infrastructure, and in the top three for healthcare
- Louisiana came in dead last overall, and ranks 49th in education, 47th in healthcare, and 50th in opportunity
"U.S. News & World Report" evaluated all 50 states on a range of factors including education, healthcare, infrastructure, quality of life, economy, and more and determined that Iowa is the state that best serves their citizens.
Iowa comes out on top for infrastructure (did they include the Centennial Bridge???), , and also lands in the top three for healthcare. It also ranks high for opportunity, which includes metrics like education and income inequality.
Top Ten Best States in the U.S.(click here to check out the complete list)
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
As for the other specific categories,
- Hawaii ranks highest for healthcare
- Massachusetts, last year’s overall number one, is tops for education
- Colorado is number one for economy
- New Hampshire takes the top spot for opportunity
- North Dakota is number one for quality of life
And if you’re wondering what state came in dead last, that would be Louisiana, which ranks 49th in education, 47th in healthcare, and 50th in opportunity and 42nd in quality of life. Yeah, but they have Mardi Gras.