The Goodguys 26th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals is a colorful “cool cars and cool people” hot rod & custom car automotive event featuring over 4,000 hot rods, customs, classics, street rods, muscle cars & trick trucks through 1972 vintage. In addition to the acres of gleaming vintage vehicles covering the scenic Iowa State Fairgrounds, this event showcases:
- Vendor exhibits and manufacturer midway
- used auto parts swap meet and cars-for-sale area
- Saturday specialty parking areas featuring Camaro Corral—a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Chevy Camaro, Homebuilt Heaven, Tri 5 Chevy Corral, Builder’s Choice area by Lakeside Rods & Rides
- Goodguys Duel in Des Moines AutoCross Shootout presented by Optima Batteries
- Nitro Thunderfest Dragster exhibition on Friday and Saturday
- Goodguys Autocross racing competition all three days (to test vehicle agility and performance)
- Twilight AutoCross on Saturday night 6 pm to 9 pm
- Independence Day Fireworks Show on Saturday night
- Goodgals arts & crafts gallery
- Live musical entertainment
- RC Car Exhibition hosted by Central Iowa RC Addicts
- Model car and pedal car show
- Kids’ zone featuring PG Coloring contest, arts & crafts, kids game, Revell model car kit make ‘take sessions, and lots of fun for kids of all ages
- Awards ceremony at 2:22 pm on Sunday at the entertainment stage.
Sunday, July 2, will feature the K&N Filters All American Sunday-- open to all years American made and powered vehicles. Participants who enter on Sunday will able to run the Goodguys AutoCross, are a part of the show n’ shine and be eligible for the awards.
TICKETS: Adult Admission $20 at the gate, kids 7-12 $6, kids 6 & under FREE. Advance sale $17 discount tickets online at www.good-guys.com until midnight June 29, 2017 . Spectator parking is free. Show your active or retired military ID and receive $5 off general admission.