The heart pounding high-speed action of the Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix invades the streets of downtown Rock Island Labor Day Weekend! Watch as go-karts whiz by at speeds up to 80 miles per hour! Qualifying races Saturday, finals Sunday. This free family event will also feature a Sunday car show and fun activities for all ages, along with plenty of food and drink vendors. Log HERE for more information. The Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix - this is an experience you have to see to believe!
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
- 7 p.m.: Opening concert at Schwiebert Riverfront Park, sponsored by Rock Island Parks and Rec Department, featuring Wicked Liz and The Bellyswirls. Part of the Thursday night Groove Concert Series.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
- 2-9 p.m.: Competitor sign-in at Holiday Inn, Rock Island.
- 8-5 p.m.: All teams arriving before 5 p.m. should stage at the parking lot at Bally’s Quad-Cities Casino & Hotel, Rock Island. From there follow directions for pitting.
- 5 p.m.: Streets close in The District of Rock Island.
- 5 p.m. to next morning: Track construction
- 6-11 p.m.: Pits open.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
- 7 a.m.: Pits open.
- 7-8 a.m.: Driver sign-in at Holiday Inn, Rock Island.
- 7 a.m.: Mandatory Driver’s Meeting in front of the Argus Building, 1724 Fourth Ave., by PreGrid.
- 10 a.m.: Grand Prix Marketplace vendors open. QC Storm Shoot The Puck and Bradley SAE race team both days.
- 8 a.m.-11:54 am: Practice rounds. Five-minute sessions.
- 12:45-1:15 p.m. King Timed Qualifying
- 1:15-5:45 p.m. Heat Races
- 5:45 p.m.: Track closes at conclusion of racing. Evening dining options and entertainment TBA.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
- 8:30- 10:18 a.m. Final practice rounds.
- 10 a.m.: Car Show begins; Grand Prix Marketplace vendors open featuring QC Storm Shoot The Puck and Bradley SAE race team.
- 10:30 a.m.: Opening Ceremonies.
- 11 a.m.: Kid’s Autograph Session. Start/Finish line.
- 11:15 a.m.: Racing begins.
- 5:30 p.m.: Racing ends.
- 6 p.m.: Track deconstruction begins
- 7 p.m.: Awards Ceremony, Holiday Inn, Rock Island
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5
- 9:30 a.m.: Annual Rock Island Labor Day Parade. 18th Avenue and 24th Street.
Note: All times tentative and subject to change.