TODAY IS THE DAY!
Veterans Memorial Parkway will fully open on Friday, December 14th following a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 4pm. 5:30 p.m. is the approximate time when the roundabout will be open to motorists!
This is an exciting time for the City as the project not only introduces Davenport’s first roundabout, but a new 3.75 mile roadway connecting Brady St to the city’s eastern limits.
Motorists anxious about driving through the roundabout should keep these 5 basic things in mind:
1. Slow down as you approach the roundabout and watch for signs to select your lane;
2. Signal to indicate your turn/entry just as you would at any normal intersection;
3. Yield to traffic and pedestrians when entering the roundabout, enter when safe;
4. Stay in your lane until your exit;
5. Signal to indicate you are exiting, and exit the roundabout.
The City of Davenport says this project promises to not only alleviate traffic on E 53rd St, but supports and promotes economic development in our community.
Thank you to affected residents and the community for their patience while this improvement was constructed in our community.