Baseball season started on Sunday and that means you can finally see your favorite teams play and enjoy all kinds of new food creations at the stadiums. Here are some of the tasty selections coming to a stadium near you:
Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri - See the Royals play at The K and try their new frankenfood, the Pulled Pork Patty Melt. This isn’t your average sandwich - it’s got:
- funnel cake
- BBQ pulled pork
- fried onion
- shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- and a jalapeño popper skewer
Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo, New York - This year you can check out the Buffalo Bisons while chowing down on:
- Rich’s Fried Cheese Curds
- Deep Fried Twinkies
- Ru’s Pierogis - this hometown fave comes in cheese, chicken wing, and beef on weck flavors
Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, Ohio - Delight your tastebuds as you’re watching the Reds play with some of the stadium’s new offerings:
- The Cherry Drizzle Chicken Basket - A layer of powdered sugar and cherry drizzle-covered funnel cake fries, piled on top of chicken tenders.
- BBQ macaroni and cheese - Gooey, classic mac and cheese barbecue chicken and bacon.
Citi Field in Queens, New York - Come see the Mets and try some of the newest noshes available at Citi Field:
- Bash Burger - This one features a Pat LaFrieda patty with onion and bacon jam and they have a Double Barrel burger with two patties, fried onions, pickles, and secret sauce.
- Dō - The cookie dough cafe in Greenwich Village is bringing its treats to sports fans, but don’t worry, they’re totally safe to eat. Look for chocolate chip, sugar cookie, and cake batter flavors.
Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts - While watching the Red Sox play fans can dine on these new culinary creations:
- Lobster Poutine Stak - New England’s take on the French-Canadian favorite features steak fries covered with fresh lobster meat, cheese curds, bisque, and chives.
- Lobster melt - This fancy grilled cheese takes it to the next level with lobster meat, muenster cheese and sliced tomato.
No word on what crazy food offerings will be served at Modern Woodmen Park this Summer, but we get a chance to find out Thursday night as the River Bandits open the season against Wisconsin...