With hundreds of millions on the line in the Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries, just about all of us have entertained our greatest fantasies about "winning it all." Maybe one of you scored big time, but it’s way more than likely that the rest of us will just have to keep working and dreaming. In the event that you DO actually win, however, it’s a good idea to get your ducks all in a row. Just ask Mark Cuban. His advice?
- Hire a tax attorney first thing.
- Don’t take the lump sum so you don’t blow it all in one sitting.
- If you’re a miserable S.O.B. when you're poor, you’ll be a miserable S.O.B. rich, too.
- Tell all your friends and relatives “NO.”
- Banks will help you sleep better than investments. Just because you’re rich doesn’t mean you’re suddenly a stock expert.
Now, go load up on lottery tickets and dream of riches for at least one more day…then get back to work.