In a perfect world, women would never play hard-to-get, cash would come easily, and there would be no end to the health benefits of drinking on a regular basis. With that in mind, we’re proud to announce that thanks to vodka, life’s become just a little bit more perfect. That magical little odorless potion not only makes a stellar martini, it also has some health benefits that you should keep in your mind’s arsenal.
- Disinfectant – Though it shouldn’t be instantly swapped out for the jug of Mr. Clean you have laying around, it does have natural disinfectant and antiseptic qualities. It’s even been used to treat toothaches and clean wounds.
- Stress Relief – It’s scientifically proven to “relieve tension” even better than a nice glass of wine.
- Heart Health – In an animal study, vodka was shown to increase blood-flow and circulation. In turn, that can reduce clots, prevent strokes, and all that good stuff.
- Oral Hygiene – Give a shot of vodka a nice mouth swish can knock out bad breath, and taste better than that god-awful Listerine.
- Arthritis – One study found that patients who suffered from rheumatoid arthritis felt less pain and inflammation after a couple vodka drinks. Seriously.
- Diabetes – Drinking it straight can help reduce blood-sugar levels. Beer and wine can’t say that.
None of this means that you should go out and switch-up those eight glasses of water each day with vodka shots, but we can dream...
Source: Men’s Health