The Rock Island School District said a “few students” were treated by the school nurse after becoming nauseous after eating marijuana-laced gummy bears. According to a school district spokesperson, a student handed the gummy bears out before school. Students who fell ill were taken to the school nurse and parents were notified. A district spokesperson says one student was taken to the doctor by their parents. The district said it does not have an exact number on how many students became sick, but said the number is small.
Just a guess: It wasn't the marijuana that made 'em sick...but all the junk food they ate afterwards!
SOURCE: KWQC-TV 6