A good conspiracy theory is always a fun time, and this week’s comes courtesy of a video from a man who calls himself “Master At Work.” The master claims to have definitive “proof” that the NFL is rigged and wanted the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl and make Patrick Mahomes that game’s MVP. Among with calling out head referee Bill Vinovich as the man who was manipulating play to affect the outcome, the “Master” offers up stats like this to back his opinions up:
- Super Bowl 54 was played on 02/02/2020
- Andy Reid now has TWO Super Bowl Rings (one as an offensive coach)
- This was Reid’s 222nd win
- This was the San Francisco 49ers 222nd away game loss
- There were TWO headliners in the halftime show (and it was Shakira’s birthday)
- “Master At Work’s” video clocks in at 22-minutes.
Convinced, yet? Yeah, me neither! There’s also the “Master’s” point that the NFL needed a new “face of the league.” So, they gave Patrick Mahomes the MVP honors, even though his Super Bowl stats rank “dead last” among Super Bowl MVP quarterbacks…and the MVP should’ve gone to running back Damien Williams. Not shockingly, the NFL hasn’t commented on the allegations in the video.