Since so many flights have been grounded during the pandemic, you may be one of the people that actually MISSES the food served on airplanes… or not? Anyway, If you ARE one of those you are in luck—it’s now possible to enjoy your on-board favorites at home and help the companies that provide these foods stay in business at the same time.Here are some choices:
- Tanam Kitchen– makes meals for Israel’s El Al Airlines and other international carriers that fly out of Tel Aviv. Illusionist Uri Geller rolled out his vegetarian and vegan trays onInstagramand they offer inflight meals as a low-cost delivery option.
- United Airlines– theStroopwaffel,a Dutch waffle with caramel inside is a popular item on United Airlines and they are being offered for home delivery, so if you can’t make it to the airport you can have the same experience in your favorite chair.
- Garuda Indonesia– is selling airplane meals with their Fly With Meals promotion wihich includesa tray, plastic cutlery and sidesfor a REAL in-flight meal at home.
- Jetblue– offering Emmi Roth’s best-selling cheese snack trays made up of cheeses, crackers, dried cherries and almonds for half of the normal price you would pay on a flight.Imperfect Foodsis the actual supplier and they hope to eliminate food waste and support farmers as well.
- Gate Gourmet– is an inflight catering company that is Virgin Australia’s meal provider. Their specialty is frozen gourmet meals.
Eat like a frequent-flyer at home—sounds like a nice compromise until you can actually fly again! Although, HONESTLY...if you're missing AIRLINE food, maybe you need a "check-up from the neck-up".....